[nSLUG] Things to do with a Linksys WRT54GS router

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:42:11 ADT 2015

Hi Joel,

I have the "forum-recommended" ddwrt version on my Linksys WRT54GL router,
with OpenVPN.
I use its DDNS and OpenVPN to access my home network from the internet.

>From the web UI:

http://ddwrt/Status_Router.asp :

Router Model: Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) vpn - build 14929

http://ddwrt/About.htm :

*DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) vpn(SVN revision 14929)*

There are several different distributions of the DD-WRT firmware. The *mini*
contains all the features of the standard distribution, with the exception
of chillispot, nocat, rflow, kaid, CIFS client, SNMP, IPv6, and MMC/SD card
support. The *standard* (std) distribution includes all features, with the
exception of VOIP. The *standard-nokaid* (std-nokaid) distribution includes
all features of standard, with kaid removed to free some flash space. The
*VOIP* distribution includes all features, with kaid removed to make room
for Milkfish. The *VPN* edition includes OpenVPN but does not include IPv6,
CIFS client, or kaid. The *micro* edition is a stripped down version
designed for the WRT54G v5 and other 2MB router models.

Oliver Doepner
http://oliver.doepner.net/