[nSLUG] resolving on Eastlink

Douglas Guptill dguptill at accesswave.ca
Thu Aug 20 21:59:03 ADT 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 07:23:02PM -0700, Daniel AJ Sokolov wrote:

> I've had issues with the Eastlink-DNS for a long time, but only when
> using Linux (various machines). It would take a very long time to
> resolve anything - I can't say for sure if it was eventually resolved,
> or if,  after a timeout, another DNS was queried instead.
>
> Even with the helpt of the capable Eastlink support and some other
> people, we never figured it out. I maye have posted something on this
> list a long time ago, too.
>
> Eventually, I gave up and switched to some other nameservers.

I had issues with slowing response (a new Eastlink modem) and the
solution from Eastlink support was to unplug (power), and then replug
the modem.  It worked.

Never got an explanation.  But I do remember the comment from Eastlink
support:

  "your modem has been running for x (I forget how many) months!"

Maybe the modems are running MS Windows, and need periodic rebooting.?

Douglas.
--
Bold character derived from stubborn patience and adversity.