[nSLUG] How to avoid systemd in Debian 8 "Jessie"

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:23:01 ADT 2015

Interesting comment on slashdot about Redhat's agenda with systemd:
http://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=7312219&cid=49546875

"we're heading for a corporate endgame where the GPL is run-around due to
systemd. It's the goal of pushing kdbus into the kernel as well as sucking
in everything from dns to a time server into systemd. Their corporate
clients have the issue of shipping proprietary software & the LGPL on
linux, but if it's just communicating with all the libraries as a service,
well...."

--
Oliver Doepner
http://oliver.doepner.net/