[nSLUG] How to avoid systemd in Debian 8 "Jessie"

herbt at theria.ca herbt at theria.ca
Sun Apr 26 11:03:16 ADT 2015

When Arch made the transition a few years ago, it was a bit painful. After the dust settled though, it didn't take long to acclimatize.

April 26 2015 10:28 AM, "Oliver Doepner"  wrote:
Hi,

Debian 8 "Jessie" was released yesterday.
It is the first release that uses systemd as the default init replacement.
Does anyone know how I can avoid systemd ?
 I use XFCE as desktop environment and lightdm as login manager.I usually stay away from Gnome applications.
And I don't want to try the Debian fork that the systemd naysayers started.

Thanks
Oliver

--

Oliver Doepner