[nSLUG] Security in virtual machines

Chris R. Thompson chris.thompson at solutioninc.com
Thu Sep 18 09:40:06 ADT 2014

Frank,

I'm certainly not an app developer; but off the cuff would have to say that panda's would be a better bet.(http://pandas.pydata.org/)

Speaking more toward implementation with WINE... you could do that...
I'm unaware of the hardware requirements of the actual guest OS but think that adding that "layer" with anything VB could cause a significant amount of unforeseen problems. I do appreciate that things are developed with specific requirements and tools available at the time... but the re-evauluation of criteria and methods are imperative.

If, in fact you don't want to table other options, I would suggest something such as qemu for the utilization of your physical hardware in a more efficient manner; not WINE.