[nSLUG] Security in virtual machines

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:12:41 ADT 2014

+1 for WINE.  Especially if it was designed for Windows 2000 or older, WINE
is a safe bet.

Judging by the compatibility tests, Visual FoxPro works just fine (in the
tests done):

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=296

Mind you, I do use WinXP (and sometimes 2000) occasionally in a VirtualBox
VM for stuff that doesn't play well with WINE (Garmin MapSource[1], MS
Office Access[2])

[1] For use with my USB-enabled GPS, as gpsbabel always gives connection
errors when I try to pull from the device.  Since I still use my
serial-port GPS more often (more bike rides than hiking trips; which works
with gpsbabel well), this program is a rare occurrence.

[2] If OpenOffice/LibreOffice Base came with a continuous subform function
(I realize there is a datasheet subform that can be linked to the parent
with a pile of code, but I could never get it to work for starters), I
would design my personal stuff for that.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson