[nSLUG] nSLUG Oct 6 Tech evening

Corrie Watt corriewatt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:52:59 ADT 2014

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 12:41:34 -0300
> From: Baha Baydar <bbaydar at gmail.com>
> To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] Monday, September 8, Gathering at Uncommon
> 	Grounds
>
> I did talk on an introduction to the Raspberry Pi at the Halifax MakerSpace
> a bit ago that I could spruce up and present again if people are
> interested.

I just purchased a Raspie this summer in the hope of playing with it
before classes started again. Sadly, work took priority. I'm still
interested in learning about the Raspie. I want to use it as an
inexpensive platform to learn more about OS's, networks and low-level
programming.

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the late announcement (again!) Tonight is our bi-monthly
>> social gathering at Uncommon Grounds, South Park St.
>>
>> Also, I would like to remind people that we need help finding and
>> scheduling in speakers for technical talks. Next month is supposed to be
>> tech talk month, but for that to be successful, we need to be looking
>> for someone to speak right away. If anyone has a special interest/talent
>> for either organizing or presenting talks, we want to hear from you!

I'll reserve the Slonim room for nSlug in the CS building (for Monday
Oct.6 at 5:30pm).

I am happy to give talk #2 in the Introduction to the CLI. It helps me
learn the stuff! Part 1 from last spring is available on Slideshare at
http://www.slideshare.net/corriewatt9/linux-cli-1 .
If you have a specific built-in command or function you want to see
covered, let me know within the next week or so.

Corrie