[nSLUG] Trying to include a menu in a website help

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:06:07 ADT 2014

Good evening Trina,

I had to look up <OBJECT> tag to see it's capabilities, but to me, it looks
just like a non-proprietary version of <IFRAME>.  That is, you probably
cannot layer the menu.html
content on top of the main web page content (at least, not without a tonne
of CSS).

What I would do is incorporate the menu into each page for now.  Consider
it a common header for the webpages.

If your web server allows PHP, (what I prefer to do) is make a common.php
file (include the menu, page background, et cetera) and have each web page
call that for the header.  That way, if you want to change the look and
feel of the site, you only need to change one file.

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel