[nSLUG] SSD Failed, left with outdated /usr and /opt (before upgrade)

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:55:05 ADT 2014

Somewhat off topic:

Ideally, one can track a Debian based system using
- etc-keeper to track /etc in a VCS like git
- frequently,  sudo debfoster --show-keepers > /etc/keepers.txt
- use rsync to back up /home and /opt to an external disk or file server
- have a usb stick with a debian netinstall ready

With these things in place, it is relatively easy to restore any part of
the system.

Oliver Doepner
http://doepner.net/