[nSLUG] SSD Failed, left with outdated /usr and /opt (before upgrade)

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 31 12:17:54 ADT 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 17:43 -0300, Joel Maxuel wrote:
> Turned out to be a false alarm.  Was getting the SSD out to start an
> RMA, and upon opening the case, I see a loose lead in a Molex
> connector.  I push it back in, turn the PC back on, and it starts
> faster.  I uncomment the lines for sdb, move the /usr and /opt folders
> around again, and reboot, and everything is back to normal!
>

> So it looks like all I need to do (eventually - right now the loose
> wire is taped in place with the help of other wires) is buy a new $3
> Molex adapter.

Glad things turned out so well for you, Joel.  It does suggest that it
might be a good idea to bring your "old folders up to date, in fact they
were abandoned directories", and perhaps get a current "amd64 CD" at
your earliest convenience.  At least I would -but then, I am running a
release of Ubuntu which is no longer in support, and have not upgraded
to the next LTS release yet, so I shouldn't preach...
Frank