[nSLUG] Debian Wheezy partitioning...

Rory rory at unixism.org
Sun Oct 19 15:37:19 ADT 2014

I know I'm late to this thread but I'll make another plug for LVM2. The
learning curve isn't too steep and the advantages make it worthwhile.
Plus, we're all supposed to like learning new Linux tech :)

Even on a single disk system the flexibility has saved my butt a few
times; well it has saved me significant time at least. On a multi-disk
or raid system the advantages are multiplied. The full stack of RAID +
LVM2 might seem thick when you're setting it up but I'll never setup a
file server any other way again.

Also if you use the 'full drive encryption' with recent distro versions
(which you always do on a laptop, yes? no? hang your head in shame! :) )
then you're using LVM2 already.

- R