[nSLUG] Debian Wheezy partitioning...

syorke at gmail.com syorke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:19:40 ADT 2014

Thanks Dave.

Maybe my description of the VM’s was inappropriate.  This new system is a laptop which I am building just to get a bigger screen/real estate.  My current laptop running Windows 8.1 and Hyper-V has a screen resolution of 3200x1800 and my Debian VM will only run at 1152x864.  This laptop will run at 1600x???.  Running 1152x864 on this laptop's resolution is still quite small and I am just wanting to use an actual physical machine for my development for may reasons really.

Sound

USB

Wireless

etc

etc

I am just looking for a half-decent partition setup so that if something happens, I will be able to recover ‘said’ partition easier than having to boot a live image back everything up, if anything at all really and then rebuild the machine.

Here is what I was thinking for the partitioning…

/  =  2 GB
/usr  = 15 GB
/tmp  = 5 GB
/var  = 5 GB