[nSLUG] Removing spaces from file names - note, long lines

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:13:02 AST 2014

The only area where I know Linux desktops / userland does something like
"user friendly file name translation" are the "logical" folder names from
the Freedesktop.org set of standard user folders ("Documents", "Downloads",
etc):
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs/

But that is purely a desktop environment level thing, not on the file
system level.

--
Oliver Doepner
Software Engineer