[nSLUG] Xterm icon (more Luddism)

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu May 29 04:10:28 ADT 2014

Seems to be a fashion to have big, easy-to-eyeball icons because
everybody's using a "desktop".

I'm using twm. After an upgrade, (Slack 11/12 to Slack 14.1) xterm has
a big icon with a big letter 'T' over the icon name as specified by
the -n switch.

Formerly, the xterm icon was just a box, auto-sized to fit the icon
name specified by -n or the deafult name.  This is what I want. The
big icons make a mess of my carefully crafted X layout.

I've tried all sorts of tricks with .Xresoures and .twmrc. based on
the xterm and twm manpages and notes from the net.  None of
them succeed in reverting to the former icon behaviour.

Any known fixes short of hacking and recompiling xterm?

(Which is probably beyond my skills anyhow.)

- Mike

                                                           /V\