[nSLUG] BB Q5 as Modem on Linux?

Daniel AJ Sokolov daniel at falco.ca
Sat Mar 8 16:21:10 AST 2014

On 2014-03-08 10:31 wrote Norm:
> I didn't see anything on USB tethering when I looked into it, but if you
> have access to wireless networking on the Linux box the q5 supports
> mobile hotspot.

Thank you, but WiFi is not what I'm going for. I need this to work in an
environment where WiFi is a) not allowed or b) completely overloaded
with dozens of WiFi-Hotspots in the same room.

c) I need to be able to use the phone to pick up a WiFi signal and
tether that through USB into my laptop. This has saved me at times.

BR
Daniel AJ