[nSLUG] viewing ctv videos

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 23:04:18 AST 2014

I should just leave this thread float away into oblivion, but I did find
something interesting in my travels.  I use the User Agent Overrider in
Iceweasel to pretend I'm on Windows (so Netflix will work for me).  When I
go to view a CTV video while pretending to be Windows I no longer get a
blank screen (or screen telling me to install Flash Player), but rather a
banner asking me to update my current version of Adobe Flash.

So I ran the version checker (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) in
both Iceweasel and Google Chrome.  Iceweasel uses version 11.2.202.341,
whereas Chrome uses version 12.0.0.70. This leads me to believe that CTV
uses only the latest and greatest flash version, so new that Adobe has not
provided a version for Linux yet (last I checked the downloads still peddle
11.2).

If I run across this problem again I'll know I have Chrome at my disposal
to save me.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel