[nSLUG] chroot failing to run shell, fixing grub2 on GPT

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:23:47 ADT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Eugene Cormier <eugene.cormier at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Francis, I always use:
> mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc
> mount --rbind /sys /mnt/sys
> mount --rbind /dev /mnt/dev
>
> and
>
> chroot /mnt /bin/bash
>

> don't know if that will make any difference for you
>
> Eugene

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion.

I was going to save the /etc directory in a tarball
and found it was missing under /target.  Even the mount directory var
was missing.  So I'm looking at a damaged ext4 file system.

It was likely missing or bad .so files for the shell and other
commands which failed each time chroot was attempted.

I'll be checking into how to import existing KVM images once I have
the install of / redone.