[nSLUG] Frame buffer console(s) won't go away

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:58:23 ADT 2014

Ben> Joel, you don't need a DE for that. Just run udisks-glue. That being
Ben> said, pcmanfm should handle USB automounting just fine (though it may
be
Ben> that it fails in certain corner cases? ntfs automounting with older
Ben> pcmanfm version from Wheezy perhaps?)

I figured there was an easy solution, but the five minutes of googling
didn't help me any.  I was on Squeeze at the time, and since the particular
thread was fresh in memory, I searched the nSLUG archives for the others
that migrated from KDE to find their recommendations.  Xfce came up more
than enough times to give it a shot.  Aside from playing with LXDE as a
different user on the same box, I never looked back.

Eugene> you mean easier than 'sudo mount /dev/sdb1 mount/'? :) I'm using
Awesome
Eugene> wm and just do everything in a term

Well, it often means diving into /dev every time I plug something in.  I
cannot guarantee every removable volume will be /dev/sdb1 (in fact none
will be since I installed the SSD), and with/since uPnP 'ls /dev/sd*'
doesn't always produce the results I want.
TL;DR ... I'm lazy :-)

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel