[nSLUG] Looking for entry level Java Dev work

Aaron Johnson acjohnson685 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:53:30 ADT 2014

Hi NSLUG,

This may be a long-shot and, my apologies if this post does not is not
traditionally welcomed here -

For the past year, I've been studying for the Oracle Certified Java
Associate and Professional Programmer certifications. I've just begun
work on code samples but, I'm now in a position where I have to return
to normal employment. This return is a problem for a few reasons: 1st -
my options are limited because, due to back problems I am no longer able
to work on my feet; 2nd - I've just started my code samples and,
full-time work (plus the commute) will drastically cut into my coding time.

For experience - I have a little Android development under my belt and,
I also worked on a video game with a professional game company here in
Halifax for a year. While I did not code with that company, the teamwork
and deadlines were an invaluable experience.

I'm hoping that I can find some kind of entry-level (not game
development) Java work. I'm definitely not expecting to be paid much - I
just want to begin work in the field that I love and, have devoted so
much time to. Is there anyone out there whose team could use someone
like me?