[nSLUG] How to sort data within a cell in Calc?

Monte Stevens montestevens at eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 29 16:19:10 ADT 2014

Trina Conrad <trina.hanson79 at gmail.com> writes:

> I am having the same issue with either way when I try to select just one cell
> at a time, that being that it wants to select the entire sheet.  I need the
> option to select just one cell at a time as each cell contains different data
> and I want to sort it one at a time.

Explain how you can sort one cell.  (When you say 'cell', do you mean
column?)

You need at least two cells to sort--one cell may be larger than the
other.  A cell sorted against itself cannot stand.

If you want to sort a range of cells (column, row, portion of either):
select those cells and then sort.

  Monte