[nSLUG] viewing ctv videos

rejean chamberland laudire2you at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 26 17:52:46 AST 2014

Well, I managed to finally watch one. I went into PCLinuxOS (which I had installed already but that I didn't have used in about 2 weeks) and it told me there were now softwares available (including Google Chrome). I agreed to update them and lo and behold after that I was able to view at least the video I wanted to see.
Now my question is why even after doing the latest updates in the other distros I couldn't see the video in either Firefox, Icewiesel or Chromium? Any clue anyone?

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:58:15 PM, rejean chamberland <laudire2you at yahoo.ca> wrote:

And ditto using Ubuntu 12.04 XFCE Chromium

>On Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:48:17 PM, rejean chamberland <laudire2you at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>I booted into OpenSuSE 12.3 Gnome and there were some updates available including Adobe Flash Player so I got them and I still had the same problem. Then I went to;
>>http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.htmlLinux
>>

>>and I downloaded and installed the following;
>>

>>	* Dwnoload the Linux Flash Player 11.2 Plugin content debugger (TAR.GZ, 7.06MB)
>>	* Download the Linux Flash Player 11.2 Projector content debugger (TAR.GZ, 6.16MB)
>>	* Download the Linux Flash Player 11.2 Projector (TAR.GZ, 5.73MB)
>>using the Software Manager instead of doing it manually. I haven't rebooted but it still wasn't working.
>>
>>I am presently in Linux Mint and I have the same problem.
>>

>>On Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:30:53 PM, Joel Maxuel <j.maxuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I see what you mean.  I run Debian Wheezy and have the same issue.  I even have the Adobe Flash binary blob installed because I was having issues with the free versions (looking at you gnash).

This might be the first time I came across a flash site that didn't play.  My version may be out of date (the blob is package maintained, but I don't know how well), but that is the only thing I can think of.