[nSLUG] Tech support work order systems?

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:26:13 AST 2014

Trina,

While looking to see if Support Magic (what I used to use when I worked in
IT, now called "BMC Service Desk Express") had a linux host option, I ended
up finding six:

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/2010081511162877/TroubleTicketing.html

Now I don't know anything about them, but zenTrack looks promising,
especially if Priority can be based off of certain fields (such as when a
problem/request is about to become due[1]).

[1] When I worked for Heath Canada, we found Support Magic lacking in that
when you had a queue of several calls, there wasn't a visual way of telling
which one to do next.  Our Manager programmed a page using ASP(.NET) that
would highlight the calls in certain colour codes when calls of different
severity (the higher the severity, the shorter the response metric, so -
from memory - High was 7 days, and Critical was 1 or 3 days) had a duration
that was starting to reach (or surpass) the metric.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson