[nSLUG] nSLUG and SUSE

odoepner odoepner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 06:51:47 AST 2014

I used to have OpenSUSE on my basement workstation (amd64).

But I really missed the control I have on a Debian system in terms of
unneeded package removal (debfoster, apt-get autoremove, etc.). So I
eventually replaced it with a Debian XFCE desktop and haven't looked back.

However, I would be interested in a summary style presentation about some of
the open source packages that Suse engineers lead or heavily contribute to.

This list is quite comprehensive, maybe pick some recent highlights with
concrete examples?
https://www.suse.com/company/open-source/

BTRFS would be interesting, especially if it ever became stable.
Currently I use XFS or default EXT4. I guess, I don't know what I am
missing. :o)

Thanks
Oliver