[nSLUG] Troubleshooting LCP & PAP on a Telus dialup NAS

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Thu Dec 11 22:54:55 AST 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry if this sounds non-constructive, but I wonder what the benefits are of
> using dial-up in 2014.

Dial-up is often available when other services aren't. (e.g. rural canada)
Dial-up is much cheaper than other services available in poorly
serviced areas. (e.g. rural canada and sattelite internet)

Just a guess. I live in a city with several broadband choices. I can't
even use dialup. I dumped my POTS in favour of the much cheaper VoIP
(voip.ms) years ago.

--
sg