[nSLUG] Troubleshooting LCP & PAP on a Telus dialup NAS

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu Dec 4 11:28:51 AST 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014, Mike Spencer wrote:

> Support guys report, "It works for me" and think it's my phone line
> quality.  The phone line works perfectly for my other ISP. I can see
> the banner text from Fibernetics with no garbage characters, have
> tried a phone line in a different 902 exchange (but also connected
> through the Bridgewater central office).  Same problem.

Most modems should be able to generate an after-call stats report so you
can verify the line quality. USR modems typically give useful information
from ATI6, ATI11 and ATY11, for example. If you have a reasonably bler
free connection without any retrains, it's pretty definitively not your
line quality.

http://modemfaq.navasgroup.com/usri6_11.txt has some gory details if you
want them.

Cheers... Dop.