[nSLUG] Re: Ubuntu Hard Disk Encryption

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Wed Dec 3 16:16:23 AST 2014

William Marchant <wmarchant at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> The BIOS needed changing to permit the boot, but I found that it
> could not be changed.  The message on the BIOS screen said that
> drives noted in brackets could not be made bootable.  They were all
> bracketed.  I assume the HD encryption system has set the BIOS so
> that the DH cannot be violated by an unauthorised user.

One of the reasons I use Linux is because *I* am the final authority
on everything on the computer.  This sound nasty -- a irreversable
"improved feature"? A "Sorry, I can't let you do that, Dave" for
Linux?

I have no suggestion but I'll be iterested to hear any forthcoming
insights from others.

- Mike

                                                           /V\