[nSLUG] Further Re: Linux distro help

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 13 14:10:29 ADT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 14:03 -0300, Frank Geitzler wrote:

> Trina, the Linux format magazine that Henry had at the HCC meeting the
> other night, because the main caption on the cover was:
>     "FIX UBUNTU"
>     Hack and tweak the world's favourite distro
>       * Makers Unity work your way
>       * Dump the junk and Amazon lens
>       * Enjoy higher frame-rate gaming

Sorry, I sent the message accidentally while I was trying to end the
bulleted list above.  To continue, the line at the top of the cover
read:
Tested: Low-resource distros -Free DVD -4 Distro special -Puppy,
CrunchBang, Manjaro, and Elive.  The DVD package reads "The best 4
lightweight Linux distros -install them now for a speedier system!
Also inside... System monitoring >> Track everything on all your PCs
with our in-depth guide p70.
I picked up a copy at Chapters, but haven't had time to look through it
yet.  I can't comment on the useability of any of those systems, but you
might want to do some research on them.
Frank