[nSLUG] Linux distro help

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:16:20 ADT 2014

I think the amount of Memory/RAM will limit your options a little.  Not as
extreme to recommend looking for Puppy Linux and alternatives, but if you
want some tof the "big name" distros, there would be some modifications to
keep it running light.

Such as, if you're used to Ubuntu, you may want to try Lubuntu for this
laptop.  Me, I'm a Debian die-hard, so if I were to do the install, I would
enter this line to the boot menu as a parameter:

*desktop=lxde*

That way, I don't get bloated Gnome from a fresh install.
The above is just an example.  There are other/lighter GUI's available,
just LXDE is typically "best bang for the buck".

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson