[nSLUG] Re: Sendmail

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Aug 8 20:04:51 ADT 2014

Will Haggerty <will at haggerty.co> wrote:

> Just a quick search reveals a sendmail man page (of some form).
> http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

That is just the *kind* of thing I was looking for. It, too, is a bit
out of date (2006, "...if you use Netscape...").  I'm not sure that it
covers all one needs to know to use sendmail in this way with STARTTLS
and AUTH.  F'rgzample, I don't see there how to tell sendmail to
connect to a non-standard port on the remote server.

But it's an excellent starting point that I hadn't found.

> Or are you looking for something a little more in-depth?

Remains to be seen. :-) Do you have something a little more in-depth?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw that URL go by at some point but went
to other docs in my search. And further search makes it appear that
the relevant part, Benji Fisher's short squib for Claus Assmann's doc,
may be the chief reference on the subject as it keeps turning up as
the answer to questions similar to mine.

Thank you very much. I may get a chance to give it a test run this
weekend.

- Mike

                                                           /V\