[nSLUG] Linux nat router and finding the bandwidth hog

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:45:55 ADT 2014

I like what I've seen in iftop  - it is a ncurses app appropriate
for lightweight firewall install.  Interesting, but I'm not sure if
I'm seeing all nat traffic on it.  It is great they can display a bar
graph on throughput per connection and per direction
at the same time.  Very concise and sorted, so it might
point out the top consumer.

nc is interesting, but only after I have some metric of what is excessive.
Otherwise I could be giving too little bandwidth to something that needs it.