[nSLUG] Halifax Library ebooks on Linux?

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 11 23:48:19 ADT 2014

I was thinking of borrowing and reading Halifax Library ebooks on
Ubuntu, but they don't appear to support Linux.  "The library has
partnered with a company called OverDrive to make ebooks available to
members of Halifax Public Libraries."  The environments they appear to
support are: Sony Reader, Kobo Touch, Mini, or Glo, Kobo Arc or Vox
Tablets, Nook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Touch, Android Tablets & Phones, and
Blackberry Playbook & Phones.
I have none of the above, and don't anticipate getting a tablet, Kindle,
etc. in the near future, but I would like to at least take a look at one
or two ebooks if possible.
Thanks,
Frank