[nSLUG] Anyone on Redhat and Eastlink?

Paul Russell prussellster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 21:01:36 ADT 2014

Not related to Linux, but in my experience Eastlink offers a very different
residential package from a business package. The tech support is much
better and is open 24/7 with business, and they do a -lot- of port blocking
for the residential package. I also believe that they have a different DNS
configuration for residential than business, but have not confirmed that.

The rationale is that they want business users to pay more for the business
package, instead of just get a home package. For my money, it's -always-
worth it to get a business package.

Paul

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Stephen Yorke <syorke at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I do not have this issue.  My virtual environment has Red Hat, CentOS,
> Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, SLED, OpenSUSE and Mint.
>
> But I am on Eastlinks business 40/20 package which is really just an
> extension of their home internet as I can plug in to their modem directly
> and still get a DHCP address as well.
>
> Sent from my Samsung Ativ S running WP8

Paul Russell
Chair, Sackville Patriot Days Parade
President, Sackville Cobequid PC Association
ZipSure.ca - Insurance In A Click
(902) 830-5043