[nSLUG] Anyone on Redhat and Eastlink?

Daniel AJ Sokolov @mobile daniel at falco.ca
Thu Apr 10 15:21:16 ADT 2014

I've noticed packet loss on eastlink before (even to 8.8.8.8). run some traceroutes/mtr for a while, take screenshots and get in touch with eastlink support. they are not linux-savvy, but Linux-friendly.

My packet loss situation was resolved.

However, we never figured out why the eastlink-dns is painfully slow with Linux (Ubuntu, Mint). I switched to a different dns.

HTH
Daniel AJ