[nSLUG] Youtube videos not playing in Chromium help

Trina Hanson trina.hanson79 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 14:03:17 ADT 2013

Hello all,

I have an issue where when I click on a link from a source such as
Facebook, reddit, an email, etc. and the link goes to youtube, I get an
error saying "The video is currently unavailable."  There is a URL to
"Learn more" which has suggested things to try such as reloading the page,
clearing your cookies, wait like 30-60 minutes, etc.  I have tried all of
this and am still getting the same error.

I can copy the youtube URL and open Firefox and the video plays fine every
time.

Interesting note, however, is that if I go to youtube directly most, not
all, of the videos play fine.

I mentioned this to Richard Bonner and he is noticing the same issue on
Chromium. We are running different distros of Linux, Richard is running
Ubuntu 10.04, 32 bit and I am running Linux Mint 15, 64 bit, so the thought
of it being and OS version issue is out the window.

I am wondering if anyone has has or is having this issue with their version
of Linux and Chormium and if anyone knows of a solution to this issue?

Thanks,
Trina