[nSLUG] Re: Bell Aliant FibreOP and Linux router

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Oct 15 23:18:24 ADT 2013

D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would not contact residential Internet support about that type of
> issue.  It can only be handled by the NOC, if one can find their
> contact info.

I've twice gotten results (from Inter.net, not Aliant or Eatslink) by
emailing their user help address and prepending something like:

     This about a network problem, not about a user-level
     problem. Please forward this to your network operations centre.

Problem got fixed and I got a one-liner from some sys/net admin
somewhere in the entrails of their network saying so.

That was after the help-line guys proved clueless and published
domain contact addresses bounced or black-holed.

FWIW, YMMV etc.,

                                                           /V\