[nSLUG] Bell Aliant FibreOP and Linux router

Daniel AJ Sokolov daniel at falco.ca
Tue Oct 15 19:37:04 ADT 2013

On 15.10.2013 17:18, D G Teed wrote:

> For support, my standard approach is to pretend I'm on Windows

This is not helpful if the problem is on the ISP side. My experience
with Bell Aliant is very bad. Even their second level had no idea how
the internet works. They said that there was noone else to talk to.

I tried to explain to them that one of their two transatlantic-providers
had a problem in Frankfurt, all traffic died there, which rendered half
of Europe unavailable.

Their response was: "We don't have customers in Frankfurt."

I asked to speak to someone who is charge of their Border Gateway
protocols, and was told that they don't use that.

Bell Aliant is not a reliable ISP.

Ah, I've also had billing issues, and the advertised bandwith was not
delivered. The actual bandwith was a joke.

BR
Daniel AJ