[nSLUG] Bell Aliant FibreOP and Linux router

Stephen Yorke syorke at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 10:00:39 ADT 2013

I have been on Eastlink Business for about 5 yrs now. No caps, public
IPs, etc. I have only been down a few times over the 5 yrs and the
longest was for almost a day. They credited me a month of service when
I was down for a day and credited a couple days when down for an hour
or two. I know most would not pay $265 a month for internet but I
depend on it.

When I looked at transferring to FibreOP there is no static IP plan.
Their reps seemed quite lacking with internet terms. I had to tell the
first person what a static IP was. I quickly got the feeling they
are/were a bubblegum internet provider even though they are huge in
Canada.

If I were you, I would just drop my plan with EastLink to a non-capped
plan. I download/transfer terabytes of data some months, the most being
6TB one month, and would never survive on a capped plan with anyone.

But the above is just my 2 cents from experiences.

Sent from my Samsung Ativ S running WP8 From: Daniel AJ Sokolov @mobile