[nSLUG] OLEX and Fedora Core 6

Michael Gillie mikegpc at hemmysoft.com
Sun May 19 08:32:14 ADT 2013

Hey folks,

I am employed by a gentleman who works in the marine industry, selling
radar, plotters, and various other navigational and communications gear
to fishermen and pleasure sailors.

Anyway, I have run into an issue with a linux-based plotter system known
as Olex. The current version is based on a specialized install of
Scientific Linux 6.

The version we are working with installs on Fedora Core 6. In most
cases, with the current 12V mobile PC we are working with, we run into a
phase where the computer gets as far as a "USB device error" and
continues to reboot. The error code is "-71".

IF the install is successful, and the entire OS installs, we run the
OLEX install package. When that runs, we reboot the system as required.
Once that is done, we have an odd coloration.

One of the ways we can avoid the coloration issue is installing
Scientific Linux, and the latest version of OLEX. However, this is
impossible, as a new Key (based on the HD hardware ID) is required.
These cost in the vicinity of $5,500. That is why we need a fix.

I'll be in touch with more details later.

Regards,

Michael