[nSLUG] nSLUG DV295- 1 Print pdf files

Georges Rodier georges.rodier at gmail.com
Sun May 5 14:55:47 ADT 2013

Printing to pdf file from Firefox 20.0 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, or
printing pdf file using Ctrl+P when viewing the file in the default
document viewer, I have the choice to print to file and choosing pdf I
have a choice to modify the page layout (mise en page - the middle tab,
eh?) where I can choose US Legal or even US Legal Extra (haven't tried
that one yet). I did try "printing" a pdf of a downloaded copy of the
magnolia_tour_2013.pdf - and that with success.

N.B., Sadly, I cannot change page size when printing to file from
within Evolution, the setting is there but greyed out.

Is the printing to file page layout setting an Ubuntu feature or
general to Linux? Sorry, I do not have experience with other distros.

Georges

PS - my system is in French so I am not entirely sure of the
English terms you may see. GR