[nSLUG] Foolproof way to print PDF's?

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Sat May 4 15:46:09 ADT 2013

Hi George

The problem related to the length of the printout. The 612 x 1008 pts
page size corresponds to a legal-sized (8 1/2" x 14") page. The linux
printouts chopped off the bottom quarter (almost) of the page, leaving
that space blank on the paper. The missing part of the printout is, of
course, displayed on the computer screen.

More precisely, if a letter-sized page is placed over the top part of
the printout, with the top edges aligned, the printing stopped exactly
at the bottom edge of the letter-sized page.

I have had similar problems with other pdf files. For example, the
"print at home" tickets from Ticket Atlantic for an event at the Metro
Centre had the top 1/4" or so not printed.

Regards

Jack