[nSLUG] How to save video?

Matthew FitzGerald-Chamberlain chamberlain2007 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 01:12:17 ADT 2013

One option is to use a screen recorder. While this can be less convenient
than a browser plugin, it was the only way I could find to download from
CBC when I was in this situation a few months ago.  One caveat is audio,
where you'll have to go through a roundabout way to do record what is sent
to the speakers.  A quick search yielded this:
http://linuxers.org/howto/how-record-audio-playing-computer-using-audacity,
but I'm sure there are better answers.  You could also connect your line
out to your line in (green to blue on your audio card) with a 3.5 mm cable
and record that way.  With anything, YMMV, but I wouldn't spend too much
time looking for a browser plugin that will work with CBC; I wasn't able to
find one when I searched.

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Daniel AJ Sokolov <daniel at falco.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> earlier today (May 1st) I had the honour of being interviewed for CBC NS
> News at 6. Now I would like to save the video for my personal use.
>
> Would you know how to do that?
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/NS/CBC+News%3A+Nova+Scotia/ID/2382760334/
>
> I've tried some browser plugins, but they catch the preroll
> advertisement only.
>
> TNX
> Daniel AJ
>

> --