[nSLUG] DAL mirror.its.dal.ca new hardware endorsement

Dave Flogeras dflogeras2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 13:50:30 AST 2013

Sorry to cross-thread, but I just joined the nslug after a colleague
made me aware of the request for information on who's using the site.

We (Akoostix Inc. in Dartmouth) use mirror.its.dal.ca extensively for
our infrastructure (which includes Debian, Ubuntu, and Gentoo hosts).
[Of course we internally mirror some things so as not to be a total BW
hog, even locally].

We also do contract work for Defence Research (DRDC) and have set up
(or suggest they set up) their machines to point at mirror.its.dal.ca
when possible.  And of course I keep my personal horde of machines up
to date using this invaluable service as well.

Cheers,
Dave