[nSLUG] Query Re: Logitech Unifying Receiver wanted

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 20 14:50:18 ADT 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 13:10 -0300, Daniel AJ Sokolov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> would anyone of you know a source for one or two Logitech Unifying
> Receiver? I'm offering $5 per receiver (at a higher cost I'd just buy
> some mice and only to use the receiver).
>
> Thank you
> Daniel AJ

Daniel, sorry I can't help you, but your query caught my interest.  A
month or so ago I saw an ad at XS-Cargo for Logitech keyboard/mouse
combo packages for about $30.  I bought one, brought it home, and it
failed to work.  I returned it, in exchange for another -but since I
live in North Dartmouth and XS-Cargo is just about as far South
Dartmouth as you can go, I took my laptop computer with me to try the
replacement.  As it turned out, I had to try two more before I found one
which worked.  I was later told that the reason for the low price was
that Logitech had discontinued that model...
That brings up my question -is there a way to modify the reciever so it
works with a different mouse, (or modify the mouse to work with a
different receiver) or do you have some other use for them?
Frank Geitzler