[nSLUG] Problems with console text

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Thu Jun 6 13:20:55 ADT 2013

Hi Mike

re your remark that "it goes to tiny text half way through":

That is because the video card's framebuffer driver module has just been
loaded. As Baha Baydar indicated, an entirely new set of packages is
used to establish the fonts at that point. On my Debian system, these
are keyboard-configuration (which provides scripts console-setup and
keyboard-setup in /etc/init.d) and kbd (which provides the setfont
script that Baha refers to. It is the /etc/init.d/console-setup script
that sets up the console font on my system. Have fun.

Regards

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at bellaliant.net