[nSLUG] Re: Problems with console text

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jun 6 02:09:28 ADT 2013

Tnx to Jack Warkentin, Eugene Cormier & Bill Davidson for
suggestions.  Filed until the computer comes back to me on Daniel's
next visit.

Bill asked:

> If he's using KDE anyway, why do you care about the console text
> size?

Because I don't have a clue how to use KDE. So I use consoles to
figure things out for him. Or an xterm. But once KDE is started, it
does all manner of weird stuff that makes it harder to untangle what's
going on.  When I give him suggestions of how to figure something
out, it's generally couched in command line terms.  And he's 46 so
tiny type is less than good for him either.

But you're right that it isn't a pressing concern.

> (Extra freebie) if you switch to a different virtual terminal does it
> look the same?

Yeah, all consoles come up the same.

The text that scrolls across the screen during boot is the standard
size until half way through when the screeen clears and it goes to
tiny text.

Tnx,
- Mike

                                                           /V\