[nSLUG] Raspberry Pi Local

Dave Flogeras dflogeras2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 18:51:14 ADT 2013

I've purchased about 15 Pi's from element14, and they are as good as local
(with the exception that you aren't supporting local business)

If they are in stock (supply chains are pretty sorted out by now), you'll
get it very quickly. You can check their stock before ordering.

They overnight with UPS for $8, and since they use the premium UPS service
you don't get hit with BS brokerage fees (I generally despise UPS but in
this situation it's acceptable). Also they carry all sorts of cables,
cases, power supplies, and the adafruit kits as well if you want to
amortize the $8 shipping. The starter kit that comes with a SDcard reader,
GPIO kit, case, etc. is a good deal if you want all that stuff.

That being said, if Jentronics has them, they are awesome folks, so support
local if you can :)

my 0.02