[nSLUG] Fwd: Calling Perl Mongers, Monks and Mooks

Mike Doherty doherty at cs.dal.ca
Wed Jun 5 17:34:57 ADT 2013

On 13-06-05 03:58 PM, Vlado Keselj wrote:
> I would say that its main strength are regular expressions, and the main
> weakness support for object-oriented programming.

Luckily, Perl 5 now has perhaps the most advanced object system of any
major programming language in Moose. If you haven't given it a try, you
really should. For programs requiring less startup cost, there's a
lightweight alternative called Moo that doesn't have a meta-object
protocol. I'd be happy to give a half-hour introduction talk at a
meeting some time, if there's enough interest.

-Mike