[nSLUG] Fwd: Calling Perl Mongers, Monks and Mooks

Vlado Keselj vlado at cs.dal.ca
Wed Jun 5 15:58:17 ADT 2013

Hi,

Perl is my favourite language.  It is the closest programming langugae to
something that I would envision as an ideal programming language (although
still far).  I would be happy to chat about it.

A nice writeup about its important principles is:
Natural Language Principles in Perl, by Larry Wall, which can be found at:
http://www.wall.org/~larry/natural.html

I would say that its main strength are regular expressions, and the main
weakness support for object-oriented programming.

Regards,
Vlado