[nSLUG] Ubuntu 13.04

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:25:56 ADT 2013

> I'm so happy to have sound I haven't even considered reverting to an
> earlier version...

"Earlier version" can be so ambiguous with Linux distros.  Depending on how
much of a pain the package dependencies are, you could try an older version
(like 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin") loaded with the newer kernel.  Ubuntu
may already have a backported kernel package.  Worst case scenario you may
need to compile your own kernel (package) based on the userland versions
you live with.

It all depends on how much time you already invested on customizing your
desktop.  For me, if I put even a week into feeding apt-get random packages
and tweaking configuration (I know there are ways in saving these for when
you decide to blast a system - some I have part of my backup system), I'd
be tempted to wait for the bug fixes to come down the line instead.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson