[nSLUG] Ubuntu 13.04

David Potter dlpotter at eastlink.ca
Wed Jul 24 09:33:29 ADT 2013

After a year without audio from my Gigabyte A75-UD4H mainboard I read
that recent work on audio drivers had been included in the recent kernel.

I'm now running... 3.8.0-26-generic #38-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 17 21:43:33
UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
and I have audio!

And some other interesting 'features'... ;-)

(in no particular order...)

- in most applications, and at most times the 'close, minimize, full
screen/resize' buttons do not work. I often have to use the application
File->Close menu item. This is not always the case but I haven't yet
identified a pattern.

- 'Document Viewer 3.6.1' - - - File Save Generates Errors

     - The file could not be saved as
"file:///home/user/Documents/Data/0-Real%20Estate/0a-Sellers/Documents/Lawrencetown_LUB%20(4).pdf"
"Error setting extended attribute 'xdg.referrer.url': Operation not
supported"

         (curiously enough, the file is saved properly...

     - Same application trying to create a (sub) folder fails if the
path includes a symbolic link...? The 'same' Browsing/Folder Creation
process using the 'Files 3.6.3' Application succeeds, apparently is not
bothered by same problem...? I haven't noticed another pattern...

     - The system setting display resolution (actually the most
annoying) frequently resets to lowest resolution. Lock Screen
application may be implicated...

- - -

While I'm battling with these issues every day they are not